Death is not the end. There remains the litigation over the estate.
Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)
The following is a brief description of estate planning benefits for residents of Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia.These services are offered by Olivier Denier Long, an attorney in Tyson’s Corner, Virginia practicing in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area for over 29 years.
- Provide for distribution of your assets to your loved ones.
- Limit Federal estate taxation if your aggregate gross estate including life insurance exceeds the Federal cap.
- Designate the guardian of your minor children.
- Control assets after death through a trust, life estate or power of appointment.
- Minimize fighting among heirs and unnecessary attorney fees that result from not planning ahead, especially if you have children, a business, or substantial assets.
How to Begin
Estate planning begins with completion of our questionnaire. It is available by e-mail without charge or obligation.It details your assets, liabilities, heirs, trust beneficiaries, desire for burial or cremation, selection of executor and trustee, and other matters.We calculate your fee range based on the information in the questionnaire.For simple documents, a flat fee is possible.
We will suggest a flat fee after reviewing your questionnaire. We need the information in the questionnaire to set an appropriate fee. The most important thing about an attorney-client relationship is the confidence you place in your counsel. It is defined by the assurance that you have someone competent, effective, efficient and determined, who cares about you and about obtaining the result you seek.